The following dua is for entering the masjid:
Transliteration: Allhummaf-tahlee abwaaba rahmatik
Translation: Oh Allah! open for me the doors of your mercy.
Check out this free poster below. Print, laminate and display in a place that kids can read and learn. Join Primary Ilm to download hundreds of other free Islamic activity sheets and worksheets.
Dua for leaving the masjid
The following dua is for leaving the masjid:
Transliteration: Allahumma innee as’aluka min fadhlik
Translation: Oh Allah! I ask you from your favour.
Download the poster above and display it in a place where people can see and read it. You will Insha’Allah get the reward everytime someone reads it!
Manners of the masjid
A Masjid is a place of worship and as such should be treated with respect. A few things we should keep in mind:
- Enter the Masjid with the right foot whilst reading the dua
- Engage in worship- praying, reading Quran, tasbeeh etc
- Try and refrain from talking about worldly affairs
- Keep the masjid tidy and pick up any rubbish that you might see
- Read 2 Rakah Tahiyya-tul Masjid (unless you enter at a time when prayer is prohibited; sunrise, sunset etc)
- We shouldn’t buy or sell in the masjid
- Dress and act respectfully
- Clean your mouth if you’ve eaten something that smells strong
- Wear clean clothes and especially socks!
- Leave the masjid with your left foot whilst reading the exiting dua
Dua posters and Dua book
At Primary Ilm we add Dau posters every month. Join now to access these posters and any future ones that we upload.
We also have a fantastic dua book which has been received positively by children worldwide.
Want free Islamic resources? Sign up to our monthly mailing list below.